* If your results are positive please visit your health provider for treatment *
- 1x Swab (Female or Male)
- 1x Reagent 1 (Solution)
- 1x Reagent 2 (Solution)
- 1x Test Device Cassette
- 1x Extraction Tube
- Urethral (Male) and Vaginal/Cervical swab (Female)
Why choose our Chlamydia Rapid Test:
- Easy to use and reliable test to detect infection with Chlamydia
- Results available in only 10 minutes
- Discrete packaging
- Easy to read visual results
- Sterilised swab included for male and female
- CE and IVD Certified
- Recommended to be used in conjunction with a professional
What is Chlamydia and why you should test early:
Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in the UK. It is caused by an infection with Chlamydia Trachomatis bacteria. It is passed on through unprotected sex and is common in sexually active young adults.
If you are younger than 25, the NHS recommends annual Chlamydia testing if you are sexually active and/or have a new sex partner.
Women symptoms may include:
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Bleeding after sex
- Bleeding between menstrual periods
- And abdominal or pelvic pain
In women, untreated Chlamydia can spread into the pelvic area and infect the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries leading to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), a serious infection. PID is also a major cause of cervicitis, urethritis and endometriosis in women.
Men symptoms may include:
- Discharge from the penis
- Burning sensation during urination
- And swollen and/or painful testicles.
In men, although rare, the infection can spread to the testicles and cause inflammation (swollen and painful).
About 75% of women and 50% of men with Chlamydia have no symptoms of infection.
Once it has been diagnosed, Chlamydia can easily be treated and cured with antibiotics.
Practice safe sex by using condoms or Dams
Avoid sharing sex toys