Thank you for visiting this page. The main terms used to visit it are Liver profile Test, Liver function or blood test near me for a clinic visit.
What is a Liver Blood Test?
Firstly, it is a major organ, part of the digestive tract, which has more than 500 functions that are essential for everyday life.
- Metabolic Function.
- Secretarial Function.
- Immunizing Function.
- Excretory Function.
- Other Functions.
Why get one?
To begin with, the liver function tests how well the organ works and if it lacks certain enzymes.
Furthermore, it is recommended in the following situations:
- Determination of organ damage.
- Monitoring the side effects of certain medicines on the Liver.
- You have symptoms of a problem.
- Suffer from specific diabetes, high blood pressure, anaemia, and hypertriglyceridemia.
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- You have a family history of organ disease.
- Total Bilirubin: made by the body and is excreted in the bile. Elevated bilirubin levels may indicate an obstruction of bile flow or a problem in the processing of bile by the organ function.
- ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase): measures any gallbladder or bone disease.
- ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase): indicates damage caused by alcohol, drugs or viruses.
- Albumin: helps maintain the osmotic pressure between the blood vessels and tissues.
- Total Protein: measures the amount of protein in your blood.
- AST (Aspartate Aminotransferase) measures your blood’s enzyme aspartate aminotransferase level.
How does our Liver blood test near my Clinic Visit work?
So, please make your Liver sampling options near me appointment online. And then, visit us on-site at the clinic to have your blood drawn by our Registered Clinician. Please note that you must present your ID for your appointment.
How long do the results take?
Actually, our target turnaround time for the results is one working day. However, the turnaround time is a guide only and will sometimes depend upon assay run schedules.
Lastly, please be aware that the Laboratory Scientists take care of your samples.
But the Medicines Online outpatient clinic for liver function in Battersea/Clapham Junction is 2 mins from the tube. Therefore, easy access for Londoners means easy and fast testing with our fast results policy. Also, the clinic staff directly communicate with laboratory staff on site due to the convenient location.
Also, your sample will be processed quickly and without clotting issues from any transportation or heat issues. Finally, we can advise that sample management is a liver blood test priority for our Laboratory Scientists who have experience in the management of blood and the full range of liver sampling options. So don’t delay. Know you are limited and get checked,
Missed appointments or cancellations less than 24 hours prior are not entitled to refunds. Rescheduling is possible but not guaranteed. Please contact customer service prior to the appointment time to discuss cost and availability options.
Please note that we do not draw blood from children under 16.