HDL Cholesterol Blood Test Kit for home delivery.
What is an HDL Cholesterol Test?
This Cholesterol test will show the level of healthy cholesterol in your blood. Furthermore, it is measured by a high-density lipoprotein (HDL) test. HDL is important in cholesterol metabolism, transporting from extrahepatic tissues to the liver for catabolism and excretion.
How to Increase HDL Blood Levels
Physical activity can boost your HDL level. Altogether, You need at least 30 minutes a day of moderate activity. If overweight, losing extra pounds can help raise your HDL levels and reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels.
Instructions for use
Please take your LDL sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
When you collect your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water, as being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long will make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously but invert the tube gently ten times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
- HDL: it examines the amount in your bloodstream. If you have elevated cholesterol-screening results, an additional HDL sampling may be conducted as a follow-up check.
The following conditions may cause high kidney levels:
- Increased triglyceride clearance.
- Chronic liver disease.
Kidney low levels may be caused by:
- Familial hypoalphalipoproteinemia.
- Hepatocellular disorders.
- Anaemia and chronic myeloproliferative diseases.
How our Home LDL Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
Firstly, how long do the results take?
The target turnaround time for HDL Cholesterol Blood test results is one working day after receiving them in the laboratory. However, the turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
Please take your sample from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Medicines Online Laboratory staff are trained Scientists that follow the procedures set down by the instrument manufacturers, the ISO standards provider, and the company management. That means three governing systems ensure good quality sample management and results processing.
Finally, You can check the healthy levels in your blood with just a simple and easy finger-prick kit. Sample management starts when you take your sample at home. Do not leave the sample sitting around for 1-2 days before you send it to us. Send it immediately. Therefore, could you not send it later? Furthermore, please place it in the collection box, waiting for overnight pick up. Deposit it in the box a few mins before the collection time as written on the box.