Cholesterol Blood Test Kit at Home
What is a Cholesterol Test Kit?
A complete home cholesterol blood test kit, called a lipid profile, has dual names. It is a check using our kit that can measure the number of triglycerides in your blood. But, this sampling is the main part of a cardiovascular risk assessment. Or cardiovascular monitoring in cases of Pancreatitis or cases of monitoring response to treatments.
Who is affected by cardiovascular disease?
Importantly, it is clear that more than half of the UK population have a circulatory condition in their lifetime. You are at a higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease if you have one of the following:
- Diabetes/pre-diabetics, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Underactive thyroid gland.
- Family history of high Fat or heart disease.
- Suffer from obesity.
- Smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.
- Have high blood pressure.
Additionally, we also include instructions for your kit.
But please take your Cholesterol sample in the morning. And take it at least one hour before any medication.
When collecting your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously, but invert the tube gently ten times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
- Total Fat: the total amount present.
- LDL Fat: Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is “bad” fat. High LDL levels raise your risk of stroke, heart attack and atherosclerosis.
- HDL Fat: High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is “good” Fat as it helps eliminate LDL.
- Triglycerides: Triglycerides are the body’s form of fat storage. But they are found in fatty tissues and circulate in the blood to fuel muscles to work.
- Total: this ratio of fat/ HDL is used to measure cardiovascular risk.
Also, some help on how our Test Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do results take?
Indeed, the target turnaround time for results is one working day of receiving them in the laboratory. The turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
However, please take your sample from Monday to Thursday. Avoid delivery delays at the lab.