What is the Female Hormones Blood Test?
It is a set of tests for the most important female hormones. These tests can help you find out what your state of health is.
Why get a Female Hormones Blood test?
- Evaluation of irregular menstrual cycles
- Diagnosis of pituitary gland disorders or ovarian disorders
- Evaluation of fertility problems
- FSH: checks for damage or disease of your ovaries.
- Prolactin measures how much prolactin you have in your blood. It is responsible for lactation and milk production.
- Oestradiol: helps to evaluate ovarian function.
- Luteinising Hormone: helps your reproductive system and measures how much luteinising hormone you have in your blood.
- How does our Clinic Visit test work?
Please make your appointment online and visit us on-site to have your blood drawn by our Registered Nurse. Please note that you must present your ID for your appointment.
- Do not take biotin supplements two days before the appointment.
- As this is a hormone test, contraception would affect your results. Taking a break from it will give more accurate results.
- If you are on your period, take this test on your third day.
- You can take this test anytime if you are not on your period.
How long do blood test results take?
The target turnaround time for the Female Hormones blood test results is one working day. The turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
Missed appointments or cancellations less than 24 hours prior are not entitled to refunds. Rescheduling is possible but not guaranteed. Please get in touch with customer service before the appointment time to discuss cost and availability options. Please note that we do not draw blood from children under 16.