The world is fighting one of the worst diseases of the century called Covid-19. Scientists are trying their best to find a permanent cure for this disease with a PCR Travel test. They are having a battle of a lifetime with the pandemic. The fight will be a long one but not impossible.
What is the latest news?
Here are some of the updates on the development of laboratories in several countries across the globe.
- Firstly, according to Reuters, China claims that it will be ready for release by the end of 2020. Two thousand candidates took part in the trials. The lab scientists made it from the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products and the Beijing Institute of Biological Products. These could be available by the end of 2020 or as early as 2021.
- Secondly, the new immunotoxin by the CanSino Biologics Inc of China is leading the race – Times of India. Their lab’s studies have shown that it has successfully passed phase II of human examinations. It appeared to be safe. One hundred eight participants took part in the process for the test to release. Their age was between the age of 18 to 60.
- Thirdly, it is the result of mutating a pathogen. The virus can genetically modify the cell structure when it is inside the body. Once the body recognizes it, it can break down the cells. It will stop it from multiplying in the body. However, it has not yet received the final approval to get into the market. The candidates who have taken this suffered from its side effects.
There’s a hope
- According to Al -Jazeera, GlaxoSmithKline is thinking to assemble a billion of these efficacy boosters for the shots. It said it is coordinating with the government for their support. It will financially bolster the production capacity of future medicines.
- Lastly, Al Jazeera announced that a German pharmaceutical firm BioNTech had started trials on local volunteers using a PCR travel test. The firm is working with a US-based firm Pfizer. It said that it had examined a candidate, BNT12, on a few volunteers. Then they plan to try it on a larger sample size. These volunteers will be between the ages of 18 and 25. It is working with its US partner. They plan to start it in the US soon.
The covid vaccine is still several months away. Everyone is trying their best to get the cure as soon as possible. The future looks uncertain. Scientists, nurses and virologists are hopeful that the world will have it as early as next year. Until the world gets a cure, the experts are urging to maintain the best hygiene.