Other than doing an Antigen Rapid Test, the hygiene of hands is essential to stop the spreading of germs. We use Hand wash and Hand Sanitiser to disinfect our hands. But the question remains. Is one method better than the other? Let’s take a look below. A Herpes Test is also an STI, but it is performed in a Lab.
Benefits of using Hand Sanitizer
This is a part of sanitation in offices, hospitals, airports, and public bathrooms. This source of hand hygiene has also become a part of our purses and bags in portable sizes. It has now become much more comfortable to sanitise when needed. It seems cost-effective, too. Hand cleansers contain 60% alcohol. This is very effective against Covid-19. Water and soap aren’t always available. In that case, this method can be beneficial for disinfecting hands.
Some benefits are
- Lab Scientists found out that alcohol-based steriliser kills almost all bacteria and viruses. So, it helps in preventing germs more effectively.
- It reduces waste. First of all, it doesn’t need water. So there is no need to use tissue paper. People use hand towels or tissues to wipe off the water after cleaning with soap and water. This reduces tissue wastage and keeps the surroundings clean.
- It is more accessible than a hand wash. Thus, it promotes hygiene and good health. It is more cost-effective. Besides, its shelf life is more than soap or hand-wash.
There are some things you should remember while hand-gel products.
- It is not effective against ‘Norovirus’. This virus causes a type of diarrhoea. Moreover, it cannot protect us against some types of bacteria.
- Non-alcohol-based contain an antibiotic compound called triclosan. This may lead to health problems like antibiotic resistance. It can also kill good bacteria. That may weaken the users’ natural immune system.
- There are some reports filed against alcohol-based products.
- Some contain scent or perfume. Those are harmful. Because fragrance includes a lot of toxic chemicals. Pharmaceutical centres do not usually release the ingredients of the smell. So, some would say perfumed hand products are detrimental to health. However, there is no evidence of this.
- Sometimes, it leaves residue on the arms after use.
Advantages of Hand Wash Antigen Rapid Test
Hand washing is the most effective way to kill hand germs or viruses such as Covid-19. Ingredients of soap molecules destroy membranes of all viruses and bacteria. It removes germs and cleans dirt, grease, and fluids. Though soap takes little time to work, 20 seconds is enough to wash hands. Also, it doesn’t have the side effects of a hand cleanser. This should be the preferred method.
Which One and How to Use Only for a Herpes Lab Test?:
Similar to doing Antigen Rapid Kits, the two both have their perks. But one cannot take the place of the other. Using hand sterilisers and replacing hand washes would be hazardous to health. Also, avoiding hand cleansers is not logical. Because hand washing and water are unavailable everywhere, both will efficiently kill germs and prevent diseases. Antigen Rapid Exams also need clean hands before making the sample procedures. But one should prefer hand washing over the other. One can not replace the efficacy of others. A Herpes lab Test is far more accurate than a Rapid kit. So, we must be more careful when life comes with awareness and the right selection of washing hands.