Feb 23, 2008 | Age: 63

My mother was first diagnosed with a CA125 Test. And then, a further exam found level 3C ovarian cancer in December of 2006. I was out of town and utterly blown away by the news. I sat there in shock and disbelief as my father tried to explain the doctor’s action plan. My mother had not been to a doctor since I was born twenty-four years before. She had not had a pap smear or an HPV variant Test in ages or even a physical. Overall, her health was always great. Never one to sit and do nothing, even at 63, she was probably in better shape than myself in most aspects.

So this news was completely out of left field. My mother had been having abdominal pain for some time. It was difficult for her to sleep and eat. For some time, she threw these symptoms to the back of her mind and would tell us she would get better, that it was just a virus. After her stomach had swollen to the size of a woman who could have easily been eight months pregnant, she went to a local family doctor. The doctor ordered a CT scan and sent her home to wait. Although he had done the CA125 bloodwork Test, he had made no mention of cancer or abnormalities. When she returned for the CT results, the doctors informed her that they had found a grapefruit-sized lump on her left ovary.

I should point out that he was still not mentioning any abnormalities in her blood or the amount of fluid that was inside her abdomen. To have the bulk removed, they scheduled her appointments with a general surgeon and an obstetrician. They continued to reassure her that the mass might not be harmful at this point.

The surgery

Eventually, in January, my mother got an HPV Test appointment with the ob. Shortly after that, she was informed that she had ovarian cancer and that a full hysterectomy was in the works.

She never explained why or how, and she never informed us about the HPV variant test dangers. Nevertheless, we continued to believe that the cancer was contained in one ovary.

Scheduled for surgery on the morning of February 7, 2007, it was anticipated to last only four hours. Eagerly awaiting news of her recovery, my family and I sat in the discussion area. The silence stretched on until the doctor arrived. His sombre expression foretold the gravity of the news he bore. He regretfully informed us that the cancer had spread extensively, likening it to someone turning over a box of oatmeal inside her.

Diagnosed with high levels of CA125 in her test. Then, further exams revealed level 3c cancer; she required a colostomy bag due to two small tumours on her colon, necessitating measures to avoid irritation. Dr Dean patiently addressed my barrage of questions, explaining the treatment plan, which included a mediator under her rib cage to administer chemotherapy directly to the tumours.

Post-surgery anxiety

Back in the waiting room, we shared the devastating news with our anxious family members. We all felt the weight of despair. As we pondered how to approach the situation with her, we decided to shield her from the full extent of the diagnosis, hoping to buoy her spirits with positivity.

Unbeknownst to us, she was already aware and had chosen to shoulder the burden alone to spare us worry. She had concealed details from me, knowing I was pregnant and struggling. With my delivery scheduled earlier than expected due to complications, I feared she wouldn’t be there.

Yet, despite my selfish desires, I focused on her well-being. Hours passed as we awaited updates from the surgeons. When our names were called again, I let my older brother take my place. When they returned, relief washed over me as they shared news of successful surgery, removing most of the cancer. Their hopeful prognosis lifted a heavy weight from my shoulders.

Pain management

It was a while longer before they allowed us to go in and see her in her room. When we walked in, I remember just wanting to crawl into the bed next to her and hold her like she had done so many times for me when I was sick. Doctors had hooked my mother to a morphine pump, inserted a tube down her throat to suction all the vile out, and administered numerous needles and bags of various substances; only the doctors could explain the specifics. It was at this point that I felt baffled and grief-stricken. From the vest’s first HPV DNA test report, I wanted to help but didn’t know what I could do for her. Seeing her in the hospital like this was terrible.

By the next morning, she was sitting up and talking with us the best she could about the CA125 Laboratory Tumour Test she had each week. She sat in a chair beside her bed, and I bathed her while she talked to us. And the next morning, she asked when she could walk and eat. She is a fighter and is determined to go home. My mother spent less than a week in the hospital. At home, she was doing great. I volunteered to take care of her.

Along with every family member we have. My sister-in-law cooked and cleaned for her. We all bought things that we thought would make her more comfortable. The hardest part was taking care of the bag. At first, she could not change it by herself; honestly, I didn’t do it. It was the least I could do. I wasn’t great, but with the help of an angel named Charlene, who had taken care of her father when he had colon cancer, we got the hang of it.

A child is born

On February 21, my mother had a scheduled CA125 appointment Test with Dr. Dillmon, her oncologist. It was to discuss the chemo options and start dates. Meanwhile, I was in the hospital in labour with my son. My husband left to meet her, along with my father and brothers, at the oncologist’s office after my baby’s heart rapidly sped up, and I underwent an emergency C-section.

Thankfully, my son was born healthy, and my mother was there to witness his arrival. This moment was particularly special for us, as my mother affectionately calls him her heart. Despite the challenges of her chemotherapy treatments, including severe illness and hospitalization, she persevered.

Initially, the chemotherapy targeted her CA125 tumours through a mediator, causing intense side effects. However, after switching to intravenous infusion, her condition improved significantly. Her CA 125 levels dropped from 1200 to around 140 after several rounds of treatment.

Although the cancer persisted, she underwent more chemotherapy and is currently on her way to remission. Despite the hardships, we find comfort in sharing our faith and belief in miracles. Whether she becomes cancer-free or not, we trust that God is always with her.


This is an update to a previously posted story of my mother’s battle after a CA125 Levels Test. Since my last post, my mother has taken a little turn for the worse. After responding so well to the treatments and her numbers going down, the doctor she was seeing at the time decided she would let her rest for a while.

During the break, her numbers rose again, and they chose to use Topotecan to knock the cancer out. But Topotecan was not the answer; it made her deathly sick. After two rounds, her CA125 numbers were steadily rising. My mother continued to have signs and symptoms of a bowel blockage. We would take her to the emergency room, where they would tell her the x-ray showed a small bowel obstruction. They would admit her, and then the regular doctors would come and say the bowel obstruction was open. This went on for months.

Finally, in November of 2008, her surgical team and oncologist told her that her treatments were no longer working and that she had only a short while to live. We didn’t take that well. The whole journey that started with HPV Lab Tests and all the events since then was in the hope that she would get well. And we were unprepared for the fact that she won’t. She went home to hospice, came out, and went through all the details of this and that. Anyways, she was still in the fighting frame of mind.

Daily, she was praying for the answer to her problem.

While watching television, she saw a commercial for the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. We called and had all of her records sent to them. December, she was set to fly out to see them.

The doctor’s appoindoctor’s mother and father are sixty-four years old and have never been on a plane. I flew with them to Illinois. We saw an ovarian cancer specialist who was an ovarian cancer survivor herself. The hospital was far advanced in all technologies and treatments. It’s a whole body and soul treatment.

The CA125 Blood Test doctor informed her that she did have advanced cancer but that they were going to have to put a nephrostomy tube into her kidneys to drain them so that later they could put in a stint. This was performed along with the implantation of a port. She was put on TPN for nutritional supplementation. Things were looking up, and she was doing much better when we returned home. She only got the chance to receive the stint. Unfortunately, they found that she had a staph infection from improper cleaning of the port before administration of meds in the local ER.

She was admitted to the hospital and treated for the infection and the blood clots that had formed around her heart as a result it. She’d have to wait at least six weeks before starting chemotherapy again. Before the infection had completely cleared, she started vomiting faecal matter frequently. She was readmitted to the local hospital. Doctors inserted a peg tube for decompression.

April 23, 2009

After one round of chemo, we will return on April 23 for more HPV Swab Test and treatments. I hope all of this turns out well. I have full confidence that if anyone can make it, she can. My mother is the fighter I hope to one day be. She never gives up and never backs down. Doctors here locally have told her to give up, but she continues striving to prove them all wrong. It’s not all it is, and it’s not always easy to watch, but she’s surviving. And she highly recommends CA126 cancer tests and treatment centres to anyone in need. It’s crucial to search for a reputable HPV cancer Test specialist.

Unfortunately, in our world, some doctors prioritize profit over patient care. While doctors can’t fix everything, they can address many issues. I’ve omitted my experience with her oncologist from this story. It’s been challenging, and no one should endure what she did with a doctor. Yet, I believe discussing it now is inappropriate as God provides for her needs.

That’s a blessing

However, cancer treatment centres offer excellent care for cancer patients. We’ve learned to love them quickly, and their kindness and dedication to HPV Virus Tests and cancer curing are remarkable. I urge everyone to raise awareness about ovarian cancer. Women receive this diagnosis every day, and we must advocate for trials and research for early detection. Doctors need to take women’s symptoms seriously, which could save lives.

While breast cancer research has made significant progress, we need the same level of commitment for ovarian cancer. We must unite to fight cancer by donating, advocating, and sharing knowledge with the women in our lives. Information is power, and together, we can beat OVCA. Though it may whisper, we can still hear it… let’s fight!


Update since last time. My mother has been battling cancer since 2007. Since the last post, she has tried several different types of chemo at the CTCA. They now know that she is resistant to all but two types of chemo. She has also had to undergo surgery to have catheters placed in both her lungs to drain fluid. The cancer has spread there, causing pleural effusions.

She is currently undergoing CA125-level testing and treatments. It is a clinical trial for ovarian cancer, initially intended for lung cancer. I truly hope this will be her cure. We can only put this into God’s hands and God’s will to be done. Sometimes, I wonder why anyone must suffer as much as she has from HPV Viruses and their trail of misery. I can only pray that every one of you whom cancer has touched will find a cure.

One day, I hope that CA125 cancer Testing brings solutions as treatable as your common cold. With all the research and trials, maybe we are well on making that a reality. My prayers and well wishes are with you all. Hang in there!