Thanks for visiting this page for our CA125 Blood Tests, the Ovarian Cancer Tumour Marker.
What are Ovarian Cancer Tumour markers?
CA-125 is present during embryonic development at the level of the coelomic epithelium and in the amniotic fluid. CA-125 is found in a high percentage of ovarian tumours of epithelial origin and can be detected in the serum of women with invasive primary ovarian cancer. Conditions that can cause an increase include many that aren’t cancerous, such as menstruation and uterine fibroids. Specific cancers may also cause increased CA 125, including ovarian, endometrial, peritoneal and fallopian tube cancers.
Why Choose Our CA125 Blood Test?
A high level of a certain tumour marker can indicate a certain type of cancer. Therefore, it helps the oncologist decide what treatment or combination will work best for a certain type of cancer. But evaluate how well the test and treatment worked. Sometimes, tumour markers are used for screening. Kits help detect a certain type of cancer in high-risk people before they have signs or symptoms.
- CA125. Measures the level in your blood.
CA125 blood Tests Instructions for use
Please take your sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
When you collect your Test sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. A hydrated client makes collecting your sample much easier.
- Shower before you take your exam or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Position your arm below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously, but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze the finger (milk).
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
How our Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do the CA125 Blood Test results take?
The target turnaround time for the results is 1-3 working days. Then, the turnaround time is a guide only and will sometimes depend upon assay run schedules.
Please take your sample from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Sample management starts at home. So, please send your sample immediately and do not leave it at home for many hours or days. And so if you reduce the quality, it will need to be replaced.
But, take a sample at one of the Clinics near you. Please do that as it is after your results. Also, there are 3 Clinics in London. Choose the nearest to you. Finally, please look after your sample and keep it cool and secure.