When we go to a hospital to get an antigen test for Covid-19 or any other place having health dangers and dust, we see people wearing PPE face masks. PPE stands for Personal Protective Equipment. Doctors and other paramedical staff in the hospitals wear these to keep themselves safe from germs. We also see chefs wearing these because they want to prevent their face hairs from going into the food.
Uses and Benefits
- We should increase the washing frequency of our hands and wear covers while going into the public. This can save us from contracting Covid-19. These diseases we catch while we are outside. It also protects us from inhaling the large amount of polluted air we breathe daily due to the carbon-emitting vehicles on roads.
- During this pandemic of Coronavirus, we should wear this PPE while we go into the public for keeping ourselves and other people safe. In this situation, we have to know that most of us can easily afford PPE in our daily lives. So, why not make it a habit even after this pandemic.
- In this outbreak, masks are good for two reasons. The first one is that they cut down 95% of the breathing that sends the virus particles about six feet away in the air. The second is that it protects the virus from entering your mouth or nose.
- PPE covers will save us from other viral infections that we catch from others by touching them. Then touching our face by hand, the mask will protect our face.
- Sometimes we catch these viral diseases when an infected person sneezes in front of us. Inhaling the air, we may also be infected. This will save us from infections in this manner too.
- When we go outside we should wear a face mask. If we don’t wear these when we go outside we can catch a number of diseases like asthma, exacerbate, and chronic illnesses like lung cancer. These are also beneficial in our daily routines.
A cloth mask can also protect you from microscopic virus particles. If you cannot afford an antigen test then you should wear it every day, you should wear a cloth cover while going out. Because wearing something is better than wearing nothing. It will last longer, and it is washable too so that you can disinfect it once every two days. If we wear these protections, it can be risky.
A study by professionals in Nepal suggests that washable covers lose their effectiveness after multiple washes. Experts have not suggested material for these that will not lose their effectiveness after multiple washes. If they suggest any material then it can be said that these are effective but not until then it is not safe to wear these masks.
By following the techniques mentioned above for using masks, it will help you in achieving the most benefits out of them. Health professionals advise making a habit for you and your family to wear these PPE essentials. Even after this pandemic situation of Covid-19 every time you go out. It is for saving yourself and your loved ones from diseases that can lead you to live a healthy and safe life.