Thyroid profile blood test at home
What is a Thyroid Profile Blood Test 5 tests in 1 kit?
The thyroid is the largest endocrine gland in the body. It is responsible for the secretion of two hormones, T3 and T4.
Why get a Thyroid Profile?
The occurrence of thyroid problems is influenced by several factors: increased levels of stress. This chaotic diet does not bring the necessary nutrients, neglecting the first signs of illness and the absence of a periodic medical check-up.
Instructions for use
Please take your Thyroid Test sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
When you collect your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously, but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
- TSH: it measures the thyroid-stimulating hormone amount in your blood.
- TT3: is one of the main thyroid hormones, and it measures the amount of it in your blood.
- TT4: it measures the amount of thyroxine in your blood, which is produced by the thyroid gland and helps control metabolism and growth.
- FT3: it measures the amount of free triiodothyronine in your blood.
- FT4: it helps you understand how well your thyroid gland is working.
How our Thyroid Test at Home Kits Work.
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
So, how long do the results take?
The target turnaround time for Thyroid test UK Profile results is 1-3 working days of receiving in the laboratory. However, The turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
Please take your test from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Also, Medicines Online Scientists are qualified Laboratory staff trained to follow procedures for sample processing.
Finally, please ensure you follow good thyroid test kit UK sample management practices. Good Practice means not leaving your sample at home for 1-2 days before sending it to the lab. Please put it in the return drop box as soon as possible and before the final collection time. The intention is that the sample arrives at the lab the next day to minimise blood clotting and damage to the sample.