Welcome to our page for ordering a Male Hormone Blood test UK or a Male Hormone Test UK, and male Hormone Test Profile.
What is a Male Hormone Blood Test UK?
It is a Profile set of tests for the most important hormones.
Why get a test?
Hormonal disorders usually occur in women, but this does not mean that men are exempt from such problems. Several types of hormonal imbalances occur in men, including adrenal fatigue.
Instructions for use
Please take your test sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
When you collect your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
FSH: it measures the follicle-stimulating hormone in your blood.
Testosterone: it is a sex hormone that helps male features develop.
Free androgen index: helps you understand if you have abnormal androgen levels.
Prolactin measures how much prolactin you have in your blood.
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: it measures your testosterone deficiency or excess.
Luteinising Hormone: helps your reproductive system and measures how much luteinising hormone you have in your blood.
How our test at Home Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do blood test results take?
The target turnaround time for the Male Hormone test UK, Profile results is 1-3 working days of receiving in the laboratory. However, The turnaround time is a guide only and will sometimes depend upon assay run schedules.
Please take your test from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Sample Management Starts at home…
When you take your sample, please send it straight away. Do not leave it sitting around the home for 1-7 days, as it will arrive in bad condition. Make sure you use the drop box before the final collection time for that day and do not use it on a Saturday or a Sunday. Samples that arrive in poor condition need to be redone.
Therefore, please make your Male Hormone Blood Test UK Monday to Thursday.