The health check is a sample kit for the home. You may ask, can I check my body? A Wellman full body MOT Test for Health is the perfect Private Health Screening.
What is a Health Check Profile Blood Test?
A health check blood test is an important sample even if you have no symptoms. With this kit, you could investigate any health risks and if you have a healthy lifestyle.
Why should you get Health Check Profile?
There are several risks for Liver, Cholesterol, Kidney and Iron. Therefore you should get a check even if you do not have any symptoms.
Instructions for use
Please take your sample in the morning. And take it at least one hour before any medication. Do not take biotin supplements for two days before this test.
- Urea: measures how well your kidneys are functioning.
- Creatinine: measures malfunction or failure of your kidneys.
- Sodium: helps your nerves and muscles function properly. Measures the amount of sodium in your blood.
- Iron: helps carry oxygen from your lungs to the rest of the body.
- CRP HS (C-Reactive Protein High Sensitivity): measures levels of inflammation in your body.
- Total cholesterol: the total amount of cholesterol present in the blood.
- LDL cholesterol: Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is known as “bad” cholesterol. High LDL levels raise your risk of stroke, heart attack and atherosclerosis.
- HDL cholesterol: High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is known as “good” cholesterol as it helps eliminate LDL from the blood.
- Triglycerides: Triglycerides are the body’s form of fat storage, most of which are found in fatty tissues and circulating in the blood to fuel muscles to work.
- Total cholesterol/ HDL cholesterol: the ratio of cholesterol/ HDL is used to measure cardiovascular risk.
- Bilirubin: made by the Liver and is excreted in the bile. Elevated bilirubin levels may indicate an obstruction of bile flow or a problem in the processing of bile by the Liver.
- ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase): measures any liver, gallbladder or bone disease.
- ALT (Alanine Transferase): indicates liver damage caused by alcohol, drugs or viruses.
- Albumin: helps maintain the osmotic pressure between the blood vessels and tissues.
- AST: measures the level of the enzyme aspartate aminotransferase in your blood.
How our Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do the results take?
The target turnaround time for Health Check Profile test results is 1-3 working days. But the turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
Finally, please take your sample on a Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.