HCG Blood Test for Pregnancy
What is a Blood Test Pregnancy?
Human chorionic gonadotropin is a glycoprotein hormone consisting of two α and β subunits naturally produced by the placenta. HCG determination is useful for confirming pregnancy and evaluating trophoblastic tumours. Its role is to maintain the corpus luteum during pregnancy. Its concentration increases exponentially during pregnancy, reaching the maximum value in weeks 8-11.
Why get an HCG Pregnancy blood test at home?
- To detect an ectopic pregnancy.
- Screening for Down syndrome.
- To detect and monitor HCG-secreting tumours.
HCG Kit Instructions for use
Please take your HCG Pregnancy sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
Here are some tips for collecting your sample easily:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously, but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
1 HCG Hormone Test:
- β-HCG: it is a hormone produced in your body during pregnancy.
How our at Home Kits Work?
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do HCG Hormone Blood Test Pregnancy results take?
The target turnaround time for Pregnancy Profile results is 1-3 working days of receiving in the laboratory. However, The turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules. HCG Pregnancy Blood test kits are available now.
Please take your HCG Tests from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Home Sample Management
Furthermore, some rules exist about making Private Blood Test Pregnancy at home. First, you need to take the sample close to the delivery time. Do not take the same and leave it around the home for 1-2 days. Please make sure that you get the sample to the drop box before the last pick-up for that box. But when you first take the sample, please rotate the tube six times to ensure it is mixed correctly with the non-clotting solution in the tube.
So, please ensure the sample leaves the drop box and travels overnight to our lab in the track24 return bag.
Also, you may obtain some help by visiting our clinic near me to get your HCG Hormone tests. Therefore, a prompt return is required to ensure samples are not rejected at the laboratory’s arrival point.