What is a Flour & Meat Allergy Profile Test?
Allergy occurs when the immune system interprets as harmful a foreign substance that is harmless to most people. When you are allergic, the immune system overreacts to the allergen by producing antibodies such as IgE immunoglobulins.
Why get a Flour & Meat Allergy Profile Test?
- If you have severe swelling, itching or diarrhoea.
- If there is a risk of an allergic reaction to a very small amount of allergen.
- If you are being treated with antihistamines or other medicines.
Instructions for use
Please take your sample in the morning. We advise that you use this at least one hour before any medication.
Tips for collecting your sample easily:
- You must drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Keep your arm below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection if needed.
✓ Immunoglobulin E: measures the level of Immunoglobulin E, a type of antibody.
✓ Rye flour
✓ Wheat flour
✓ Oat flour
How our Home Test Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do blood test results take?
The target turnaround time for Flour & Meat Allergy Profile Test results is within one week. The turnaround time is a guide only and will sometimes depend upon assay run schedules.
Please take your test on a Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.