CEA Blood Tests
What is the Colon Cancer Tumour Marker CEA Test?
CEA is a useful marker in the monitoring of colorectal cancer therapy. Colorectal cancer is the second most common malignant disease in the whole world. CEA monitoring must start before treatment to establish the post-therapeutic decrease and the level for evaluating possible recurrences.
Why get CEA tests?
A high level of a specific tumour marker can indicate a particular type of cancer. It helps the oncologist decide what treatment or combination will work best for a certain type of cancer. Evaluate how well the treatment worked. Sometimes, tumour markers are used for screening to help detect a certain type of cancer in people at high risk before they have signs or symptoms.
1 CEA Test Biomarker:
- CEA: measures your CEA in your blood.
CEA Blood Test Instructions for use
Please take your CEA sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
When you collect your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously, but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
How our Test Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do the results for the CEA Antigen Blood tests take?
The target turnaround time for the Colon Cancer Tumour marker Blood test is 1-3 working days. The turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
Please take your sample tests on a Monday to Thursday to avoid weekend delays by Royal Mail.
*Test sold as part of the MOL research program. And the purchaser agrees to provide feedback data to MOL. This data is pre-authorised to be used anonymously in this research data program.
Also, Medicines Online recommends the following CEA Blood Test sample management protocol.