Thank you for visiting our page to order the CA153/CA15-3 Blood Test. Breast Cancer Tumour Marker. Breast Cancer Blood test
What is the CA15-3 Test?
This glycoprotein with high molecular weight is released mainly by breast carcinoma cells. Quantitative measurement in serum is useful in monitoring breast cancer treatment. In 2020, female breast cancer surpassed lung cancer, occupying the first place in incidence among cancer diseases and being the 5th cause of death from cancer.
Why get a Breast Cancer Tumour marker CA15-3 blood test?
A high level of a certain tumour marker can indicate a certain type of cancer. It helps the oncologist decide what treatment or combination will work best for a certain type of cancer. Therefore, evaluate how well the treatment worked. Sometimes, tumour markers are used for screening to help detect a certain type of cancer in people at high risk before they have signs or symptoms.
- CA15-3: measures the level in your blood.
CA153 Test Instructions for use
Please take your sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
Importantly, when you collect your CA15-3 Blood Test sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your sample or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously, but invert the tube gently ten times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze the finger (milk).
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
How our CA15-3 Blood Test Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do CA 153 results take?
The CA153 Test target turnaround time for the Breast Cancer Tumour marker is 1-3 working days. But the turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
So, please take your sample from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
*The CA153 Test kit was sold as part of the MOL research program. And the purchaser agrees to provide feedback data to MOL. This data is pre-authorised to be used anonymously in this research data program.
Remember, good Sample Collection habits start at home. Therefore, please send the sample on the same day that you made your sample. Also, do not leave it for 1-7 days, as many people do. So, it will arrive clotted or in poor condition, and you will need to do it again.
So, please ensure that the CA15-3 CA153 Blood Test sample is sent before the final pick-up time of the selected drop box. And please do not send it over the weekend. Therefore, the sample will arrive in poor condition.
Finally, if you have problems with a blood draw, please visit our London clinic for free, where our experienced staff will assist you.