Bone Profile Blood Test
What is the Bone Blood Test?
It is the most common search phrase for buying a sampling kit online for home delivery.
The profile – comprises collagen, a protein that provides strength, and calcium phosphate, a mineralised combination that strengthens them. For instance, biomarkers can identify illnesses such as osteoporosis or other abnormalities.
A safe and effective way to assess and calculate the minerals, enzymes, and proteins in them is to determine their health.
Why get a Bone Profile Blood test?
For instance, health and strength are vital for posture, movement, and overall well-being but weaken with age. As a result, older people are frequently urged to take this sampling solution.
Profiling is used to analyse and assess specific disorders like:
- Liver disease and thyroid issues.
- Paget’s disease.
- Bicarbonate: measures how much carbon dioxide.
- Urea: measures the amount of urea nitrogen.
- Creatinine: measures how your kidneys filter waste.
- Calcium: measures the amount of calcium.
- Phosphate: a chemical that contains the mineral phosphorus. In other words, it is essential for growth.
- ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase): This measures whether you have any ongoing liver, gallbladder or disease.
- Albumin: measures how much hormone is available to your tissues.
How does the Bone Profile Blood Test kit work?
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do the results take?
We target a turnaround time for results of 1-3 working days from receiving them in the laboratory. Above all, the turnaround time is a guide and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
Please take your sample from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Instructions for use
Please take your Bone Profile Blood test sample in the morning. Furthermore, please bring it at least one hour before any medication.
To collect your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easy to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Keep your arm below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Also, do not shake the sample vigorously but invert the tube gently ten times. (gently swirl the line after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze the finger (milk).
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
Laboratory Scientists take care of your samples.
Lastly, the Medicines Online outpatient clinic can also be used in the Battersea/Clapham Junction area. It is 2 mins from the tube. Therefore, easy access for Londoners or visitors to London means an easy and fast testing solution with our quick results policy. In addition to the convenient location, the clinic staff directly communicate with laboratory staff onsite. Thus, your Bone Profile Blood Test sample will be processed quickly and without clotting issues from any transportation or heat issues.
Finally, we would like to inform you that sample management within the UK is a priority for our laboratory scientists, who have experience managing processing and the full range of available sampling options at our laboratory.