Bilirubin Blood test at home.
What is a Bilirubin Blood Test?
A yellow-brown substance produced by bile. It is formed by destroying aged red blood cells in the liver, eliminated from the body by excretion. Within this kit, we will determine your level.
Why should you get checked?
Namely, we check it to assess liver function and to monitor liver conditions such as cirrhosis, hepatitis and gallstones.
Bilirubin Instructions for use
Please take your sample in the morning. Take it at least one hour before any medication.
When collecting your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before taking your test, or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously, but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze the finger (milk).
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
- Total Bilirubin: measures the amount of bilirubin level in your blood.
How our Home Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do results take?
The target turnaround time for Bilirubin Blood test results is 1-3 working days. The turnaround time is a guide only and sometimes depends on assay run schedules.
Please take your sample from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Furthermore, the Medicines Online support team has received excellent reviews during 2022. 90% are 5-star. During COVID, it was much harder. But now, the results are clear, and things are running smoothly in the lab.
Moreover, the best staff have been retained at the company. Life after COVID seems to have settled down, and staff training has increased. Due to the large increase in testing solutions, the laboratory has undergone many changes for which COVID-19-only staff were unsuitable.
Remember to get your Bilirubin Blood Test at home and sample off the same day to us. Don’t hang on to it after you have filled the tube. And make sure that your timing is good for the collection box. Ensure you deliver it a few minutes before the collection time, not after that time.
Sample management starts in the home. Please make sure that you get your sample to us quickly. Do not leave the sample sitting at home for several days or weeks, as this will damage the sample, and you will need to do the test again.