Thank you for visiting our page to order an Animal Allergy test kit, Pet Allergy Test, or a Dog Allergy test for home testing.
What is a Pet or Dog Allergy Test a Profile Blood Test?
A Pet or Dog allergy test is needed when something occurs when the immune system interprets it as a harmful foreign substance that is harmless to most people. When you are allergic, the immune system overreacts to the allergen by producing antibodies such as IgE immunoglobulins.
Why get a Dog Animal Allergy Profile Blood test?
- If you have severe sneezing, runny nose, or itchy eyes.
- And If there is a risk of an allergic reaction to a minimal amount of allergen.
- If you are being treated with antihistamines or other medicines.
Instructions for use
Please take your sample in the morning. We advise that you use this for at least one hour before any medication.
When you collect your sample, try the following tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Being well-hydrated will make it easier to collect your sample.
- Shower before you take your test or run your hands under warm water for a few minutes, as heat improves blood flow.
- Do light exercise (move around, walk, etc.) to get the blood flowing.
- Ensure your arm is below your heart level – let gravity do some of the work.
- Nails that are too long can make it difficult to collect a sample.
- Do not shake the sample vigorously but invert the tube gently 10 times. (gently swirl the tube after each drop of blood).
- Do not squeeze (milk) the finger.
- Re-warm your hands during collection where needed.
- Immunoglobulin E: measures the level of Immunoglobulin E, a type of antibody.
- Guinea pig
- Finch feathers
- Canary bird feathers
- Parrot feathers
- Rose-ringed parakeet feathers
How our Home Test Kits Work
Order your kit online and once it arrive collect your sample at home.
Drop off the parcel preferably in the morning to get the earlier box clearances. Using the Return Track24 pre-paid label on each kit, drop the package off at the nearest Royal Mail Priority Red Box to return it to the Lab.
Once your results are ready, we will send you an email with your certificate.
How long do blood test results take?
The target turnaround time for your Pet Animal Allergy Profile Test UK results is within one week. The turnaround time is a guide only and will sometimes depend upon assay run schedules.
Please take your test from Monday to Thursday to avoid delivery delays at the lab.
Good Sample care starts at home when you take your Animal Allergy test kit sample. You can also consider visiting the clinic to get your sample taken, as it is far faster to get your results. But if you send off your home sample on the same day, make sure that it’s before the drop box’s last pick-up time and that it’s not a weekend. Then your sample will arrive safe and sound for processing. Please don’t let it sit around at home for 1-7 days as some people do, and then they blame us if the sample has clotted and they have to retest.