Traveling these days will not only require you a PCR travel test but will also need you to follow various guidelines such as wearing a face cover. There are different types of face masks are available on the market. Most of them have high usability. However, a few from off-brands may not be useful. This article will discuss different types of face covers and how they make a difference in the defense against Covid-19.
Types of Covers
To begin with, this is generally known as a surgical or treatment cover. It is usually a medical device that covers the mouth, chin, and nose area. It makes an obstacle that restricts the movement of the infective agent between the hospital crew and the patient. They are mostly used by healthcare staff. It helps them stay away from the tiny droplets and splashes coming out of the individual they are treating. This is from the wearer, which helps reduce and handle the source multiplication of huge respiratory droplets through the person putting on this.
These include many forms of self-made or professional masks. These also include face protects made from cloth. Some are made of other fabrics or materials like paper. They are certainly not standard. These aren’t suitable to use in health care settings. Healthcare professionals should not use this for protection.
In the following, there are several arguments that favor the use of this:
- Covid-19 is increasing day by day. People with mild signs can increase it. Proper face covering can control their multiplication. Similarly, face covers are important to keep the virus droplets away.
- We suggest wearing a face shield right at the start of the symptoms. It is also recommended to use it for 7-8 days.
- We see that the countries using PPE controlled the speed of the virus. Its multiplication decreased by covering the face.
- It is easy to manufacture non-medical protections. They’re machine washable and reusable.
- Surgical face covers got a shortage. In this crisis, healthcare staff faced issues.
- It is still not sure that non-medical protections are useful.
- People with face coverings feel a false sense of security. In addition, they get to relax at a physical distance. They also touch their faces again and again.
- People do not put on or remove these carefully, You must avoid touching the face when doing this.
- Children can not tolerate face masks. People with respiratory disease cannot tolerate it either.
- No one knows whether non-medical equipment is for personal protection or a source of control.
PPE makes a significant difference in prevention against Covid-19. However, care should be taken to use them appropriately. Therefore,
- Firstly, the authorities should provide medical covers to frontline workers that conduct a PCR travel test.
- One should wear the appropriate protections whilst in public. It will minimize the excretion of droplets. This way, people without symptoms can keep themselves safe.
- When going into crowds or closed spaces, wear one. Do not go to shopping centers and grocery shops without protection
- Ensure you wear it when using public transport.
- Due to the supply issue, use non-medical fabric. As we should give priority to the health care staff and only release to them.
- In most places, the use of these is compulsory.
- Lastly, educational campaigns should guide the appropriate use of masks.