Face masks have become essential protection against COVID-19 to prevent the spread from an infected to a healthy individual or vice versa. It has been known to be spread mainly by respiratory droplets. The transmission is so easy an infected person must cough or sneeze for the viral particles to spread. With such a transmission method, face shields and regular PCR tests in London became essential tools for preventing the spread. For STI Tests like kits for Neisseria gonorrhoea, the disease is not as quickly transmitted as covid. However, doing PCR tests in a clinic or using a home kit is still required.
Types of Protection for COVID
There are many types of protection available right now, each with its own level of efficacy. There is a cloth with a shallow level of effectiveness. Still may be somewhat helpful in slowing the spread. Then, there is the procedure cover, disposable with a high-efficiency group. And good prevention against the disease. Nurses say there is the most practical yet expensive N-95, with a very high level of prevention from a covid viral particle. However, facemasks cannot prevent the spread of STIs like gonorrhoea. Using PCR tests in London for covid and other STIs in a kit helps you be aware of the disease if it is present in your body.
The Proper Way to Wear
The proper steps for wearing it are significant for an individual to understand and learn to avoid spreading.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or a hand cleanser with at least 60% alcohol.
- Inspect the shield for any signs of damage or tear.
- Take off your glasses if you wear any.
- Determine which side of it is front and always wear it in that same orientation to avoid contamination.
- Bring it close to your nose level. Then, bring the elastic strands around your ear lobes so the shield rests firmly on your nose.
- Pull the bottom of it down so that it covers your mouth. Adjust it so that there are no painful spots. Ensure the cover is comfortably worn before the PCR exam for covid or other STIs.
- Wear your glasses again.
- Avoid touching your face while using it.
- Use it before doing PCR checks in London in clinics that check for covid and other STIs.
Why is it Important to Wear protection?
As mentioned, PPE prevents the spread of germs. Properly wearing the shield and getting real-time PCR tests is also important to ensure appropriate sealing from contamination. After using it, its proper removal and disposal are also vital to avoid contact with viral particles for your and other people’s safety. It is best to discard it after each use. Another option is to clean with a strong detergent. This is only applicable if your face cover is cloth-based. Wear a face shield and PPE if a lab technician works with PCR exams for covid.
Conclusion for STIs
Face masks are a necessity in our times. The current pandemic is a wake-up call on how cleanliness is essential in our lives. Even during the pandemic, we must not leave these preventive measures by wearing face covers and sanitisers. But for most STIs like Neisseria gonorrhoea, PPE is no protection except when making a sample. STI testing is best done with protection. Both for sampling and for making love.