The fight against Covid-19 has been going for the last six months. Ever since the discovery of the first case in December of 2019, the battle has been one-sided. The side was tilting mainly towards this disease. With thousands of new cases reported after a daily PCR travel test, thousands are getting in the mortal grasp. We may have lost the battle, but we will indefinitely win the war. And for that, we need to stay safe and stay healthy. And we need to do this for ourselves. No one is going to come over and defend us from the deadly illness.
The Blame Game
People often blame the government for the spread of Covid-19. Either that or they blame the government for not protecting them enough. They often advise others on what to do and how to follow the SOPs. The same group of people, in the end, forget about themselves. It would be best if you focused on yourself first, then anyone else, because the real battle against this pandemic starts from your own home.
If you want to survive this battle and fight to your fullest potential, you will need a lot of preparation. Let’s look into some of the things you need to do to prepare your arsenal:
- Always wash your hand with soap for at least 1 minute. When not available, use an alcohol-based hand sterilizer.
- Hang the clothes that you wear outdoors separately. And also wash them separately. By doing this, you can minimize the chances of spread.
- Clean the doorknobs/light switches with a powerful detergent at least once a day.
- Use alcohol wipes to clean the surfaces of the mobile phone which you carry outside your home.
- Wash all the things, from packed chips to plastic bags, everything you get from outside before using them.
- Try to restrict yourself and your family from going out. Only a single person should leave the house and that too only when necessary.
- Keep children and the elderly at home.
- Tell all your friends not to visit your home and restrict any more guests, at least for this period.
- Eat healthily, exercise regularly, and always try to stay tension-free. Our immunity is the primary weapon in this battle.
- Keep yourself self-clean and tidy at all times.
- Lastly, try not to burden yourself with negative thoughts and try to keep your mind free.
These are just some of the things that you can do to fight Covid-19 during this pandemic. Blaming will not get you anywhere. Remember, blaming other people for the spread of this infection is not the solution. You need to change yourself and your home if you are to battle this problem. The government will not come and rescue you or save you from this global pandemic. You have to be your own warrior for yourself and your family. Try to change your home first, start with hygiene, follow the rules for yourself by getting a regular PCR travel test, and see the changes.