What do we know so far?
Everyone is waiting for the cure so that the Covid-19 pandemic may end. Nobody has been successful in creating one. However, medical researchers worldwide are racing to produce one through the large scale of various examinations with the help of a PCR test. If researchers had to start from the beginning, it could take years to prepare an immunotoxin. But thanks to the past research on similar diseases. They have provided them with a ground to use robust methods.
Many lab groups across the world are trying on potential vaccines. Many of them are funded by CEPI. Over a hundred projects are working on the development. An NIH official told that; trials would begin at a large scale in July.
Here’s a short review of the projects being carried out worldwide:
The company has started testing the mRNA (Messenger RNA) in a clinic in Seattle, Washington, in March.
- In mid-May, the company had announced that the production of antibodies in all the volunteers participated in the study in its initial clinical phase.
- We have seen RNA from Moderna. Hence, there is a chance Moderna might create the solution.
- The whole world is looking towards their examinations as their platform is safe.
- For the same reason, the company has skipped specific animal examinations.
- In early May, the FDA permitted the company for phase II. The FDA also gave consent to carry out a fast review by the regulatory body in phase III.
This company was busy with a DNA solution when the disease first appeared using a PCR test. This gave them a chance to prepare a powerful Covid-19 cure quickly.
- Firstly, the officials from Inovio proudly announced at the end of April 2010 that it had already engaged 40 healthy participants in phase I of its process.
- Finally, it was making preparations to enter phases II and II of its clinical procedure, respectively.
The University of Oxford in England In late April 2020, the company began its examinations. It enrolled 500 volunteers in their test. The officials said:
- Firstly, there were 80 % chances of success for the powerful cure.
- Secondly, This is prepared and will be widely available for treatment from early September.
- In this, they used a modified virus to give strength to the immune system.
- Lastly, the good news is that the company officials are hopeful that the initial trial would be successful.
- They hope to distribute over 30 million doses of the vaccine by September 2020.