Face masks have become an essential tool for protection against Covid-19, as a measure of prevention of spread from an infected to a healthy individual or vice versa. It has been known to be spread mainly in the form of respiratory droplets. The transmission being so easy, as an infected person needs to cough or sneeze for the viral particles to spread. With such a transmission method, face shields, and regularly getting PCR Travel test became an essential tool for preventing the spread.
Types of Covers
There are many types of protection available right now, each with its level of efficacy. There is a cloth with a shallow level of effectiveness. Still maybe somewhat useful in slowing the spread. Then there is the procedure cover, which is disposable with a high level of efficiency. And good prevention against the disease. Nurses say that there are the most useful yet expensive N-95, with a very high level of prevention from a viral particle.
The Proper Way to Wear
The proper steps for wearing it are significant for an individual to understand and learn to avoid spreading.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or a hand cleanser product with at least 60% alcohol.
- Inspect the shield for any signs of damage or tear.
- Take off your glasses if you wear any.
- Determine which side of it is the front and always wear it in that same orientation to avoid contamination.
- Bring it close to your nose level. Then bring the elastic strands around your ear lobes, so that the shield rests firmly covering your nose.
- Pull the bottom of it down so that it covers your mouth. Adjust it so that there are no painful spots.
- Adjust the strings so that they are not in a criss-cross manner and are placed linearly with your skin.
- Wear your glasses again.
- Avoid touching your face while using it.
Why is it Important to Wear protection?
As mentioned, PPE prevents the spread of germs. Properly wearing the shield and getting a PCR travel test is also of utmost importance since this will ensure appropriate sealing from possible contamination. After using it, its proper removal and disposal are also vital to avoid contact with viral particles. Not only for your safety but also other people’s safety. It is best to discard it after each use. Another option is to clean with a strong detergent. This is only applicable if your face cover is cloth-based.
Face masks are a necessity in our times. The current pandemic is a wake-up call on how cleanliness is important in our lives. Even when the pandemic is over, we must not leave these preventive measures wearing face covers and usage of sanitisers.