Properly Cleaning It
Protection Masks are essential as they keep our loved ones safe. According to government regulation, it should be worn when one is outside. Though this is now common knowledge, most people do not know how to wash it which is mainly the reason people are doing covid test near me and test to release. We have seen instances where people recycle their face masks and without proper handling, end up contaminating them. In addition, they expose themselves to the disease.
Most used in the UK are:
Though the N-95 have a protection rate of 95%, they are not commonly used as they are reserved for doctors and healthcare providers. Whether you are buying online, surgical is the most common but has one disadvantage. It can not be used more than three times. If the mask is made of non-woven fibers, washing it will only destroy the tissues that protect you from getting exposed to the virus. This leaves us with fabric products. They are washable and can be worn multiple times before they are worn out. Before you learn how to wash your face masks, know how to wear them first.
Before you wear your mask, make sure your hands are clean. In addition, make sure you only touch the ear straps and not your nose. After putting it on, rewash your hands. Avoid touching your mask once it is on your face so as not to contaminate it. Tips to Keep in Mind
- Do not wear your mask under the chin
- Ensure your nose is always covered by the mask
- Sanitize your hands before touching the mask
Step for Cleaning
One main advantage of cloth products is that they are reusable, saving you a lot of money. The following steps should be followed when washing:
- Wear a hand glove if you are an essential worker, or you believe that it could be contaminated
- If it has a non-woven filter make sure to remove it before washing
- Release any detachable elastic bands if any
- If you are hand washing the product, ensure you soak it in hot water to kill any contaminants
- Scrub the mask using a heavy-duty detergent or soap
- After cleaning, rinse with cool water
- Dry in the sun or choose hot cycle mode on an automatic dryer
Before you take a covid test near me, always remember that wearing these masks will prevent you from getting the illness. But keep in mind that fabric is only 35% effective. If they have a filter, the effectiveness increases to 55%. With these statistics, it is clear that they are not as effective as surgical and N-95. Fabric masks tend to leave spaces around your nostrils that can result in contamination. In addition, in between the fabric, there are large spaces and this means small aerosolized droplets will pass through them.
Choosing the Right Fabric
Scientists recommend a fabric that is not so difficult to breathe in with your nose but has some resistance. If you don’t feel any resistance in breathing, it is not worth it. At the same time, resistance should be tolerable and reasonable.