Many medical problems are linked to high levels of cholesterol. From STD Home Testing to heart problems, all have some parts of your body which are affected by increased cholesterol levels. The indulgence in sexual activity and the resulting diseases might surprise you, but this is the reality, as many of these infections can also be a reason behind your elevated cholesterol levels. Regular checkups are necessary to report on this waxy substance’s status in your blood. CBC Profile testing is one the best solution for knowing the story of your cholesterol and other levels.
Coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, and inflammation are some of the outcomes of high cholesterol. Understanding the concept of cholesterol is necessary because today’s food has lost its nutritional value, leading to many health problems. If you are struggling with this condition, read this article to tackle it confidently.
What is High cholesterol?
When your blood contains too many lipids or fats, it is said that your cholesterol level is high. This condition is also known as hyperlipidemia and hypercholesterolemia. The human body needs fats for the normal functioning of their bodies but within a limit. When the fat amount increases above the required value, our body cannot use it, and extra fat builds up in the arteries. Later, they combine with blood components and form fatty deposits (plaque). These plaques are harmless in the initial days, but as time passes, they will start to show their symptoms, which, for sure, will be harmful. This is the reason why untreated cholesterol is dangerous.
A CBC test will help confirm the cholesterol level in your blood. This is a routine exam that gives no discomfort. Moreover, for the ease and comfort of patients, home testing kits are also available for this checkup.
Use a CBC Testing Kit to Know Bad Cholesterol and Good Cholesterol
Many lipid or fatty types exist, but we are mostly familiar with good and bad cholesterol. Good cholesterol is HDL, which means High-Density lipoprotein. This lipid carries your body’s cholesterol to the liver, which helps maintain its level. Livers work to spend the measured amount of cholesterol as needed by our body. Moreover, it also helps to eliminate the extra amount of cholesterol.
On the other hand, bad cholesterol is known as LDL, which stands for Low-Density Lipoprotein. This is the main culprit behind high cholesterol, leading to plaque in the arteries. Too much LDL can lead to heart disease over time. You can use CBC home kits to check the level of cholesterol.
General Guidelines Regarding CBC Home Testing Checkups for Cholesterol
Cholesterol problems can even start in childhood. Thus, the guidelines suggest starting the checkups from childhood. Let’s have a deeper look at when to start the screening for cholesterol levels:
- Children and Teenagers: children must start CBC checkups for cholesterol if they have a family history of this condition. Beginning at nine, cholesterol checkups become vital for a balanced life. So, if you are above nine, ask your parents to let you check for this condition. It will help to prevent future complications.
- Adult Males and Females: until age 45, check your cholesterol status once or twice every five years. Moreover, people between 45-65 years are recommended to get these tests every two years. And those who are above 65 should get tested every year.
These are common guidelines. Your healthcare professional can advise you on your health condition, age, and sex. Thus, it would be better to consult a professional doctor to understand the need for checkups.
STD Home Exam is Important in Recurring Cholesterol Problems
Many people suffer from cholesterol problems on a recurrent basis. In some conditions, doctors can also not understand why it occurs. In those conditions, checking your STD Profile Exam status is vital. This is because many STDs, like HIV, increase cholesterol levels. Moreover, regular checkups for sexual diseases are generally recommended for sexually active people as they help to prevent deadly health outcomes.
Home kits are the safest and most comfortable option to know these conditions. You can use STD Profile Exam home kits offered by Medicine Online.
What are the Causes of High Cholesterol?
Genetics and lifestyle are both responsible for this condition. We can’t do anything with our genes, but we can change certain lifestyle habits that invest in high cholesterol levels. So, let’s become aware of those lifestyle patterns:
- Tobacco and Smoking: Use of these substances, which contain nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide, and toxic substances, lowers the level of good cholesterol and increases the amount of bad one.
- Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption can also increase the level of cholesterol.
- Lots of Stress: This is another reason for this condition. Stress triggers hormonal changes that tend to produce a high amount of cholesterol.
- Lack of physical activity: Exercise and physical activities help to reduce cholesterol levels, and in contrast, lack of these activities, including desk jobs and continuous sitting in free time, can increase the risk of cholesterol problems.
- Improper Diet: Diet also plays an important role in maintaining cholesterol levels. Thus, have a look at what you eat. Furthermore, the best thing would be to consult a dietician to evaluate your dietary needs better.
Can CBC Profile Checkups Help Understand the Effects of High Cholesterol?
A complete blood count exam will help understand the effects and outcomes of high cholesterol. This is a common and standard form of blood exam that determines the value and levels of blood components to find various health conditions. As cholesterol is present in the blood, a CBC exam can easily assess its importance in the blood.
Conclusion for CBC Testing
High cholesterol problems can be present in every person. These conditions have become prevalent in this nutritionless world. Increased cholesterol values can give birth to various health issues, including heart problems and inflammation. You can avoid this condition by regularly monitoring your health. A CBC Home checkup is best to understand the value of cholesterol in your body. Another important point to note is that STDs like HIV can also cause an elevation in cholesterol levels. So, it is vital to check for sexual diseases in case of recurrent cholesterol problems.