The year 2020, has been stressful, not only did we encounter political tensions. But, we are amid a global pandemic. The world is in a panic because of Covid-19. It has crippled the economies of many developed nations and continues to wreak havoc. Even traveling to a foreign country is more strict than ever as it now requires a lot of documents such as a PCR travel test.
- China reported its first case Coronavirus in November 2019.
- The number of victims increased at a fast pace, going up to 75,000.
- Since November, it has spread to almost every country on the planet.
- Italy was one of the countries that suffered significant damage.
- It reported the highest transmission rate during the first months of 2020.
- After Italy, the USA took over this spot. The state even crossed China in the highest number of reported cases.
- Pakistan received its first Covid-19 case near the end of February. The patient had returned to Pakistan from Iran.
- After the appearance of the first case, people became panic-stricken.
- They considered the virus to be a severe threat and began taking preventive measures.
- Many people are still following the safety steps to reduce the outbreak.
- At the moment, the hospital beds are at full capacity. Doctors are advising people to isolate themselves in their homes and do TTR.
- The number of reported cases and deaths per day is increasing.
- People have different opinions about the virus. Some people do not believe it’s deadly.
- Doctors are still requesting to be cautious and stay at home.
- Many people are also contributing to this cause by spreading awareness among others.
- Most people are following government guidelines. They have even used their knowledge to spread awareness.
- Sad to say, but not everyone seems to realize this. They have used the pandemic to spread terror and cause mass confusion.
Misunderstandings cost lives
One such case resulted in the suicide of a victim. Hanif Ahmed suffered from asthma. He had complained to his family about having breathing problems. He was showing similar symptoms of Covid-19. His family suspected it and asked him to get checked by doing a PCR travel test. But fearing his results and the consequences, he refused to go to the hospital. Hanif knew about the symptoms and risk factors of the virus. He knew that the mortality rate was high among elderly patients. From the fear of having the infection, he set himself on fire in a graveyard. In other words, dying on the spot.
The officials had released a statement that they recorded his statement before death. They said that someone in his area had confirmed him as a carrier of the virus. So, he committed suicide to save his family. Little knowledge is a dangerous thing because it can be so destructive. Above all, the public needs to work on the information about the pandemic. They should stop making decisions based on little knowledge.
In conclusion, anybody with the symptoms should get himself checked at the nearest test clinic. Above all, he could be a possible carrier or have some other disease with similar symptoms.